Liver Disorders : Enlarged or Fatty Liver
Enlarged or Fatty Liver
Fatty liver is just what its name suggests: the build-up of fat in the liver cells. Although this is not a normal condition, fat in the liver usually causes no damage by itself. However, on some occasions it can be a sign that other more harmful conditions are at work. Fatty liver may be associated with or may lead to inflammation of the liver. This can cause scarring and hardening of the liver. When scarring becomes extensive, it is called cirrhosis, and this is a very serious condition.
A physical examination that reveals an enlarged liver without any other symptoms suggests fatty liver. The diagnosis may be confirmed by performing a liver biopsy, in which a long hollow needle is used to obtain a small tissue sample for examination under a microscope.
The mere presence of excessive fat in the liver is not a serious problem. Treatment aims at eliminating the cause or treating the underlying disorder. Repeated liver injury from toxic substances such as alcohol may eventually progress from fatty liver to cirrhosis.
CAUSES: Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, high blood triglycerides, heavy use of alcohol, Vitamin A toxicity, drugs, and possibly other unknown causes.
Cirrhosis is a potentially life-threatening condition that occurs when scarring damages the liver. This scarring (also called fibrosis) replaces healthy tissue and prevents the liver from working normally. Cirrhosis usually develops after years of liver inflammation.
In the United States, the major causes of cirrhosis are drinking excessive amounts of alcohol over many years or having certain forms of viral hepatitis (mainly hepatitis B or C). There are several other causes of cirrhosis that are less common and some people have cirrhosis without an obvious cause (cryptogenic cirrhosis).
As cirrhosis develops, scar tissue surrounds normal liver cells, making the tissue bumpy, or nodular. This nodular liver tissue can block the bile ducts or make them swollen, which can cause bile to back up in the liver and bloodstream.
Scar tissue also may block blood flow through the liver. Obstruction of blood flow can cause the veins that bring blood to the liver to become larger and may lead to high blood pressure in the veins that flow from the intestines to the liver (portal hypertension).
CAUSES: Alcoholic liver disease; Chronic Hepatitis B, C, and D; Autoimmune Hepatitis; Inherited diseases; Blocked bile ducts; Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH); Drugs, toxins, and infections.
LiverCare - Liv.52 displays a definite decrease in fibrosis and a change in the architecture of the liver, indicating improvement. Hepatic function tests and needle biopsy specimens demonstrate a definite improvement in hepatocellular function and structure. Liv.52 treatment ensures an increase in the number of the total mass of functioning hepatocytes. The liver enzymes return to normal levels with an increase in total proteins, albumin and hemoglobin after treatment with Liv.52.
LiverCare / Liv.52 ensures optimum liver function through the protection of the hepatic parenchyma, and by way of its potent antioxidant properties, it acts as a powerful detoxification agent. Liv.52/LiverCare neutralizes all kind of toxins and poisons from food, water, air and medications, all sources of detrimental effects on the liver. Counteracting those hard to avoid poisons and protecting one of the body's most important organs. Alcohol users in partucular find Liv.52/LiverCare helpful in maintaining a healthier liver. It also helps those taking necessary allopathic medications to protect themselves against the damaging hepatoxic side effects.
Research on LiverCare / Liv.52
- Validated by 276 clinical trials and studies.
- Endorsed by over 200,000 healthcare professionals.
- Approximately 1 billion tablets and 13 million syrup bottles of LiverCare / Liv.52 are sold every year worldwide.
Himalaya's Liv.52 approved as an herbal drug for liver in Switzerland by its FDA equivalent. It is believed to be the first multi-herb remedy granted regulatory approval as a drug, which is an outstanding feat for an herbal product. Read more...
Liv.52 - LiverCare - One of 13 Herbal Formulas Included in the ABC Clinical Guide to Herbs. Read more...
Liv.52 was introduced in 1955. Since then, it has been sold worldwide and is recognized by thousands of health professionals as one of the most effective liver formulas, with beneficial effects reported in over 300 studies on a variety of cases. Liv.52 ensures optimum liver function through the protection of the hepatic parenchyma, and by way of its potent antioxidant properties. Liv.52 neutralizes all kind of toxins and poisons from food, water, air and medications, all sources of detrimental effects on the liver. Counteracting those hard to avoid poisons and protecting one of the body's most important organs. Alcohol users in partucular find Liv.52 helpful in maintaining a healthier liver. It also helps those taking necessary allopathic medications to protect themselves against the damaging hepatoxic side effects. For complete research and information on Liv.52, visit the Liv.52 Research Page.
Liv.52 - Herbal Liver Support (640 mg - 120 Tablets)
Order by 4 pm for same-day shipping
Add this page to your Favourites
E-mail this page to a friend/yourself
Buy 6 at $16.95 each - Save $66.00 (39%off)
Buy 12 at $15.95 each - Save $144.00 (43%off)
|You Save:||$9.00 (32% off)|
|Availability:||In stock. Ships the same business day|
Liv.52/LiverCare is a unique, all-natural, complex multi-ingredient formula. It is safe and effective in portecting the liver against harmful toxins from drugs, alcohol, food and water. It helps regulate levels of enzymes and optimizes assimilation. Liv.52/LiverCare has also been found to be associated with an increase in serum albumin, which is another indication of the liver protection it provides. Recent work shows that Liv.52/LiverCare has cholesterol-regulating action. Clinically, it helps maintain healthy levels of serum cholesterol, lipoproteins, phospholipids and triglycerides.
- Protects agains harmful toxins from drugs, alcohol, food, water, etc.
- Regulates levels of enzymes and optimizes assimilation.
- Improves the functional efficiency of the liver.
- Cost-effective health maintenance.
Available in a pack of 90 tablets (640 mg), and 180 tablets (640 mg). Does not contain added sugar, salt, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Two tablets twice daily, followed by a maintenance dose of one tablet twice daily. In very serious conditions a dose of 2 tablets thrice daily; may be reduced in case of loose motions (which is an indication of over stimulation of the liver). Allow several weeks for full benefits. The use of natural products provides progressive but long-lasting results.
The main ingredients in LiverCare/Liv.52 are:
Capers (Latin name: Capparis spinosa)
Caper is a hepatic stimulant that have been used for improving the functional efficiency of the liver. Recent experimental studies also confirm its protective action on the histological architecture of the liver and the positive effects on liver glycogen and serum proteins.
Chicory (Latin name: Cichorium intybus)
Chicory is a powerful hepatic stimulant which increases bile secretion, promotes digestion and enhances the action of Capers. Experimental evidence has been obtained of its effect on liver glycogen and recent studies have shown the inhibition of free radical induced DNA damage.
Black Nightshade (Latin name: Solanum nigrum)
The Black Nightshade plant and its berries contain various alkaloids that have been isolated and shown to have a dilating effect on the pupil. The main use, however, is to support a healthy liver, skin, kidneys and bladder. The most recent studies indicate that the hepatoprotective effect of the crude extract of Black Nightshade may be due to the suppression of the oxidative degradation of DNA.
Arjuna (Latin name: Terminalia arjuna)
Arjuna is a heart tonic that has been used to support cardiovascular functions since ancient times when it was discovered to have cardio-protective benefits. Recent studies have investigated the mechanism of this activity and has shown a dose-dependent regulation of blood pressure and heart rate. There was also a slight increase in the HDL-to-total cholesterol ratio and an overall improvement in the cardiovascular profile.
Negro Coffee (Latin name: Cassia occidentalis)
Negro Coffee has been traditionally used to promote normal bowel movements. It is a cousin species of Senna, a known and stronger purgative. Despite its name (which comes from its occasional use as a coffee substitute), Negro Coffee is absolutely unrelated to coffee.
Yarrow (Latin name: Achillea millefolium)
Yarrow has been traditionally used for support of the digestive and urinary functions. Its constitutents have been extensively studied and found to be of value as an alterative, diuretic, and tonic for the venous system. Additionally, Yarrow has been known to have a healing and soothing effect on the mucous membranes. It has been shown effective in regulating gastric and bile secretions.
Tamarisk (Latin name: Tamarix gallica)
Tamarisk, sometimes referred to as Saltcedar, has been traditionally used as a tonic and diuretic. It contains an alkaloid, Tamarixin, that has been linked to its effectiveness in conditions associated with hepatic insufficiency. There are indications that Tamarisk is also helpful in increasing platelet counts.
Liv.52 / LiverCare has been scientifically validated by many clinical studies. Its formula has been subjected to the modern scrutiny of clinical testing to prove its benefits in gently addressing your health concerns, and its quality is controlled by the most sophisticated chromatographic "fingerprinting" techniques.
LiverCare / Liv.52 Milestones :
- More than 300 clinical studies, many double-blind, placebo-controlled, have been performed on LiverCare /Liv.52 since its introduction in 1955. Since then, it has become one of the most widely sold medications in the world and endorsed by over 200,000 healthcare professionals.
- In what is believed to be the first herbal remedy granted regulatory approval as a drug, LiverCare / Liv.52 has recently been registered a safe and effective drug by the "Intercantonal Office for the Control of Medicines," Switzerland's equivalent of the United States' FDA.
Know your Liver:
- Liver is the biggest and the most complex organ in the body with more than 500 functions
- The liver is an "incredible chemical factory," producing many important chemical compounds needed to survive, such as bile, albumin, blood clotting factors, cholesterol, Vitamin E.
- Converts amino acids (proteins) and lipids into glucose, a complex process catalyzed by a series of enzymes
- Plays a major role in maintaining normal blood sugar levels, an important source of energy for the brain, heart and muscles.
- Performs numerous other functions such as regulating lipids or metabolizing prescribed and over the counter drugs, alcohol, and many other ingested chemicals such as caffeine, etc.
- Helps digest the food we eat and assists in ridding our body of many toxins.
- Eliminates various harmful chemicals from the body. Treats about 1,300 ml of blood per minute, thereby acting as the body's "garbage disposal."
Liver dysfunctions may take many forms
- 4,000,000 people have Hepatitis C in the United States, causing 10,000 deaths every year.
- Cirrhosis of the liver is the eighth leading cause of death in the United States - kills 25,000 people per year.
- Commonly prescribed cholesterol-lowering medications such as statins (e.g. Lipitor), among many other chemical drugs, are known to be toxic to the liver.
- Widely taken OTC medications are not as safe as they seem. For example, Acetaminophen (e.g. Tylenol) can be toxic to the liver and its toxicity can be accentuated by alcohol.
- The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, notes that in one year, hospitals treated over 26,765 patients for alcohol toxicity and another 16,635 for Acetaminophen (Tylenol) toxicity.
- Fatigue, aches, and pain in joints and muscles, frequent headaches, stress and appetite fluctuations may be signs of an over-worked liver.
Please do NOT use unproven, unbranded herbal products, which can pose serious risks to your health. Because the FDA does not fully regulate the manufacturing and sale of herbal products, it is important that you, the consumer, thoroughly research the quality and manufacturing practices of the products you plan to take.
How do our products compare?
As an informed consumer, it is important that you look for products that have been researched clinically and standardized to guarantee bioequivalence. Bioequivalence refers to ensuring that the product on the market is equivalent to the one on which clinical trials were successfully conducted. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare uses chromatographic fingerprinting, one of the most sophisticated standardization techniques, to ensure consistent quality and performance. Most companies that manufacture herbal medicines are neither equipped nor care to perform such expensive fingerprinting. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare has been a global leader in scientifically validated herbal medicine since 1930 and its products are marketed in more than 45 countries and endorsed by over 200,000 healthcare professionals worldwide.
HeartCare - Heart
JointCare - Joints
MenoCare - Menopause
GlucoCare - Diabetes
VigorCare - Sexual
MindCare - Memory
ProstaCare - Prostate
Liv.52 / LiverCare
LeanCare - Weight loss
RadiCare - Antioxidant
HemoCare - Blood
UriCare - Kidneys
ImmunoCare - Immune
GastriCare - Digestion
>> View all...